- This mini flask & growing kit is great as a starter gift for anyone who wants to try to raise orchids. The flask comes with 5 young orchid plants.
- Each mini flask also comes with a transplanting kit to help you raise your baby orchids.
- There's enough food to feed the young orchid for 1 year.
- All that is necessary is indirect sunlight, watering, moderate temperatures and patience.
- Detailed transplanting & care instructions are included in each kit!
Once a seedling has its first bloom, Mr. Akatsuka will take a look at the flower to decide if it meets his high standards. If it does, then he will monitor the plant for the next couple of years to make sure that the flower blooms are reproducible in size and color. It is only after this time period that he will take a tissue sample from the newest growth on the plant. This sample is then sent to a laboratory to be cloned.
From the beginning of the cloning process to the time the cloned plants first produce a bloom takes an average of about 5 years. However, each plant produced will have flowers that look exactly the same as the original plant.
Each of these flasks carry an average of 40 plants. The plants can actually stay in these flasks for about another month or so. Once transplanted, it will take a minimum of 3 years before the plants will produce their first blooms.
We're pleased to offer FedEx 2-day shipping
on all of our plant and cut flower orders at no additional charge
to any state in the US EXCEPT
for Arizona and Alaska. Alaska:
There is an additional shipping charge of $15.00/box. Arizona:
There is an additional charge of $40.00/shipment to one address (up to $2,000) for shipping PLANTS ONLY. The Arizona Department of Agriculture requires a State of Hawai'i Department of Agriculture Phytosantiary Certificate for any plant(s) going from Hawai'i to Arizona. Plants need to undergo an additional procedure to receive this certificate. WE DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONAL.